Popcorn "Chicken" #meatfreemonday
Trying new vegetarian recipes and educating others in AMAZING, DELICIOUS #meatfree recipes is my passion! Especially when its my "meat and 3 vege" father.. hehehehe
This recipe is a healthy twist on a classic takeaway - Popcorn Chicken. Sooo tasty! Try it, dare ya!
Awesome for when guest come over as a dipping plate also, through on a few different sauces and LOOK OUT!
700G Cauliflower - (Full medium size cauli)
200ml Soda Water
1 3/4 cups flour of choice - chickpea, brown rice, oat would be my personal picks. WHITE flour is in fact the devil to your gut.
4tsp Turmeric (also add a sprinkle of black pepper to activate the curcumin for your joints ;)
4tsp Ground Cumin
2 tsp Szechuan (OPTIONAL for hot lovers)
1 tsp Chill - add more for more bite
Oil for frying - I love coconut personally or rice bran. If you don't like the hint of flavour from coconut, use cold pressed rice bran oil. These two oils shit all over vegetable oil which will simply clog your arteries.
Baking Tray with paper towel to drain excess
1. You will need to chop your cauliflower into florets. I know this sounds silly to put in as part of the method, but well.. humans. Believe me, it's an important step to point out. Cue giant cauli deep frying in batter. Not good.
2. Put you little cauli flowers into a strainer and sprinkle with sea salt, this will soften them up and give that beautiful texture when you eat them. No-one like a rubbery fake chicken.
3. Grab a bowl, a plat won't work here. Add flour, spices and a pinch of salt and pepper... stir around and make a hole in the middle like when you were 5 making mudcakes in the backyard.
4. Add egg to hole.
5. Stir it slowly.
6. Add soda water SLOWLY or it will fluff and fizz like acid reflux.
7. Stir lumps and bumps out for smooth sailing and place in fridge for ten mins
8. Wash ya cauli flowers
8. Heat oil in pan
9. Start coasting you cauli florets in the batter, test the oil with a small piece, if it starts to bubble, the oil is hot. Watch ya face and don't throw it in, that's dangerous.
10. Place cauliflower pieces in oil, one by one into the pan, careful not to overcrowd it like Sydney traffic.
Lastly, one browned, turn and do other side. Once brown and crispy, take from oil and place on paper towel to drain.
Serve with a side of delicious sauces like this one:
Coconut Milk Ranch Dressing- 1/2 cup whole egg or vegan mayo, 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, 1 tbs fresh dill, 2 tbsp fresh chives 2 tbsp fresh parsley, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
or this one
Vegan Aioli - Healthiest option 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 cup water, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2/3 cup unsalted raw cashews (100 g). SOAK cashew overnight, then blend all ingredients until creamy. * add little or more depending on how you like the consistency,
I would love to see you posting your pics in our PinkFitz Facebook Group when you try :)))
Enjoy and please feel free to share the more people eating less meat the better for our planet. The only place we have to live. #share #spreadthemessage #healthyhomo #onegayatatime
For more amazing life changing tips and tricks, talk to Kate about joining one of our amazing program like "Ten Kilos in Ten Weeks" or VIP! It could be just what you are looking for! #youreworthit