Homo Balls - Protein Boosted Snacks!
These balls are AMAZING! Seriously you would not think they were "healthy".... !
Perfect to make as a catch and keep in the fridge, whether they be a mid morning snack, a post workout scoff down or a after dinner treat with a cuppa tea! They are a winner!
- I'm going to give YOU THE MOST SIMPLE recipe and you can go ahead and fancy them up as you please! But let's just kickstart off with the basics!
I cup almonds (unsalted)
I cup cashews (unsalted)
3 decent tbs unsweetened cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut - to roll them in!
Coconut oil - probably around 2 tbsp
- Heat dates in microwave or soak in hot water if anti microwave.
- Blend almonds, cashews, dates and cacao <--- this may take a bit of pulse, blend, scrape sides, blend again action. Keep going.
- Add coconut oil You want to make sure your mixture is NOT too runny or too dry- blend again.
- * If runny, add coconut
- * If dry, add a little water - 1 tbsp at a time
- You want to be able to grab a tablespoon of mixture and form a ball. Not a sloppy mess. Noone likes a sloppy mess.
- Roll into balls
- Roll in cococut
- Wash hands getting mixture off for about 7 hours.
Easy as THAT!
The dates make the sweet as, but feel free to add a little honey if you wish. Although it means it isn't vegan of course.
Please take a pic of your balls and post in the PinkFitz Healthy Homo group.
Meal Prep Tip
Double the recipe and freeze in bulk, taking out a few days worth at a time. Also helps with portion control :)