Healthy Homo Gourmet Seeded Crackers
***********HEALTHY HOMO GOURMET SEEDED CRACKERS**********
You know those times you see those tasty crackers in the "health food section", your mouth waters thinking about how lush these will be with you King Island Brie.. then you see $8.95 for about 4 crackers and throw them down in disgust! RIP OFF!
No longer a prob here homos! I got you covered!
Make your own and you can make gazilions of them for a fraction of the price and then afford yourself good quality Tasmanian cheese to go on top ;)
- 1 cup Sunflower Kernels
- ½ cup Flaxseed/Linseed Grain
- 1/3 cup Green Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa Grain
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 4 tbsp Psyllium Husks OR Buckwheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp Himalayan Coarse Salt (more to sprinkle on top)
- 2 tbsp Raw Organic Honey
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil(melted)
- 1 ½ cups Water
- Dried cranberries
- Parmesan and parsley –YUM!
- Coconut chips!
Honestly you can add whatever your little homo heart desires! You just need that doughy like consistency, the chia and the buckwheat or psyllium so that it binds!
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. By preheat I mean turn it on and then make ya dough!
- Combine all dry ingredients well in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey, coconut oil and water. Add this to the dry ingredients, mixing well until the dough becomes thick (add more water if it’s too thick to stir, but not too much so you have a sloppy mess!)
- Place the dough ball in-between two sheets of baking paper on a flat surface and roll into a thin sheet using a rolling pin. If you don’t have a roiling pin, use a beer glass, no doubt you have that J
- Set aside for at least 3 – 4 hours (or overnight). This will allow the chia to create a gel like substance which will help bind your cracker!
- Keep the dough between baking paper and put onto a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.. ish!. Take the baking tray out, flip the crackers ove, peel back top piece of paper and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden around the edges. This is also where I would score the crackers. This means cut them lightly, makes it easier to crack them into pieces later. If you like the jagged edge look. If you are OCD perfect square cooking cutter, you best cut them perfectly now or you’ll be very upset. hehe
- Let cool, and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. They won’t actually last that long. They are so bloody tasty, you’ll be lucky to get 3 days out of these bad boys. So double your ingredients and make a MASSIVE batch!
Oh and be sure to join our PinkFitz Champions Facebook group: Www.facebook.com/groups/pinkfitzchampions
See you on the flip side :)