How Can Healthy Chocolate Cakes Taste So REAL????
Sweet Potato CHOCOLATE CAKE!
I know! Sounds REVOLTING! But..... tastes AMAZING!
To tell you the truth I had to wonder what the hell I was doing as I added mashed sweet potato the "cake" mixture.....
But, you know what.. it was bloody delicious!
Give it go...
and it's IMPRESSIVE!
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
1 Cup Almond Meal
4 Tbsp Raw Cacao
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Honey/Rice malt for vegan
1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil
I also added 1/4 cup chia seeds through as a little experiment. I liked it :)
Way to get this cake purring!
- Boil sweet potato and mash
- Allow to cool
- Slowly mix coconut oil, honey and raw cacao on a low heat. Do not burn. Slow and low ;)
- In a bowl, add almond meal, egg and vanilla to sweet potato and mix
- Add chocolate heated mixture, slowly
- Beat gently till smooth
- Taste - is it lush? If yes, put in litttle ramekin dishes to bake
- If not, add some more honey or cacao.
- If mixture is really sloppy add more almond meal.
- Bake in ramekin dishes or one big tin until cake is firm on top and cooked through.
- Check with skewer! If skewer comes out with nothin on it, she's cooked!
Serve with berries!
Happy for you to share with friends :) Or make for a date and then tell me all about how much she loved it!
#healthyhomos #makinlifeeasy #happiness #healthyliving #simplethings #canthisbereal?